SECTION 1 – YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
This policy applies to information we collect when you choose to use this website, and to personal information which we process further to supplying goods to our customers and receiving personal data from our suppliers.
SECTION 2 – WHO WE ARE
This website is owned by Techmarket and we are located at Unit 19, The Kyle Centre, Portlaoise, Co. Laois, R32 NY5D, Ireland. Techmarket (‘we’ or ‘us’) is a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) where we control the purposes for which we process your personal information e.g., when we take your personal information to supply you with our goods. Otherwise, we are the data processor. We will take all appropriate steps to ensure compliance with the GDPR and all other laws which protect your personal data (the ‘Legislation’).
Any questions about our data protection policy or how we handle your personal data should be addressed to us at Techmarket. (See ‘How to contact us’ below.)
SECTION 3 – WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, delivery address, email address and telephone number), when you contact us via our website or purchase goods from us. We also collect personal information when you visit our website as explained below in the Cookies section.
For example, we may monitorhow many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider, to improve the user’s experience whilst visiting the website, and better understand how you use it. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
SECTION 4 – THIRD PARTY COOKIES
SECTION 5 – SOCIAL MEDIA
Any comments you make on these social media platforms in general must be not offensive, insulting, or defamatory. You are responsible for ensuring that any comments you make comply with any relevant policy on acceptable use.
SECTION 6 – HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We process information about you so that we can:
- Provide the goods or information you have requested.
- Identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us.
- Let you know about goods or services that may be of interest to you (see further information in our ‘Marketing’ section below)
- Detect and prevent fraud.
- Customise our website and its content to your particular preferences.
- Notify you of any changes to our website or to our goods or services that may affect you.
- Improve our service.
SECTION 7 – LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The reasons why we process your personal data are listed above and the lawful basis for such processing is one or more of the following:
- It is necessary for us to perform the contract you wish to enter into with us or in order to take steps you have requested us to take prior to entering into a contract with us (e.g., using our chat room facility to find out more about our goods etc)
- It is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (e.g., keeping information which Revenue requires us to keep)
- It is in our legitimate business interest to carry out such processing (e.g., reminding you of an “abandoned on-line cart”) except where such an interest is overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require your personal data to be protected.
- You have given your consent for one or more specific purposes.
SECTION 8 – WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may send information about you to other parties to help us to fulfil your order with us and to law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
SECTION 8 – MARKETING AND EMAIL NEWSLETTER
We use any information submitted to us by you to provide you with further information by email about the goods [and services] we offer which you have requested and/or which may be of interest to you. You can choose to unsubscribe at any point by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Email marketing campaigns published by us may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscribed activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include: the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email consent, times, dates and frequency of activity (this is by no means a comprehensive list).
SECTION 9 – KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
Our staff and associates are bound by obligations of confidentiality and trained in the protection of personal data. We will take all reasonable steps to comply with the Legislation and use the appropriate technical and organisational measures necessary to safeguard your personal data. As we mention above, we only share your personal data with third parties who also comply with the Legislation.
While we will use all appropriate efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
If you want detailed information on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/be-safe-online. “Be Safe Online” is an initiative led by the Irish Government to highlight and educate people in ways to stay you safe online.
We only send your personal data outside the European Economic Area where we have in place a legal agreement which complies with the Legislation or where you have given your express consent.
SECTION 10 – RETENTION PERIODS
We store your personal data on secure servers for a period of:
- 3 years from the date on which you cease to be a customer or supplier of ours.
- Or until you ask us to destroy it.
in each case unless the law requires us to store the dta for a longer period.
SECTION 11 – WHATS RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals whose personal data is processed:
1. The right to be informed.
2. The right of access.
3. The right to rectification.
4. The right to erasure.
5. The right to restrict processing.
6. The right to data portability.
7. The right to object to processing.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. (We do not carry out automated decision making and profiling)
SECTION 12 – TO EXERCISE ANY OF YOUR RIGHTS
You can request a copy of the personal information which we hold or amend it or ask us not to use it for particular purposes by:
- emailing or writing to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below);
- providing us with proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport); and
- letting us know what information you want or what you want us to do.
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You can ask us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data and in that circumstance, we will destroy your personal information as soon as we are legally entitled to do so.
SECTION 13 – RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we use your personal data we hope you will alert us to these directly (see the contact information below). You are entitled to complain to the Data Protection Commission which is the supervisory authority in Ireland. Their contact details and the procedure can be found at www.dataprotection.ie.
SECTION 14 – HOW TO CONTACT US
SECTION 16 – CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have a question or complaint regarding our Terms of Service, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Unit 19, The Kyle Shopping Centre
Portlaoise, Co. Laois
Techmarket, March 2021